Wednesday, 6 August 2014

TAKING STOCK - 1



My first post on taking stock... i copied the template from Sharon OF THIS IS ESS and i am so nervous on this.

enjoy....





Making: long seed bead necklaces similar to this with more creative patterns. I am hoping to also incorporate leather strands.

 Eating: fruits, because i have developed a habit of not eating any other than avocados.
Drinking: a lot of water, i am currently nursing headaches so i actually need some water plus healthy skin in future :) and a banana smoothie at my local coffee house (Narok)

Reading: i have exams in a week's time so i will be studying for them for like the next month. wish me success in my exam while you are it. :)
Wanting: more dates with my best friend +Leah Wangari and my little brother. not forgetting my Uncle and mentor, i want more of our power breakfast.
Writing: a to do list every night before i sleep, the feeling of waking up with a purpose makes a day much easier to manage and the feeling of a fruitful day is GOOD!!!
Sewing: this will have to be pushed.
Wishing: My best friend gets a job here in Narok so she stays. 

Enjoying: Nicki minaj new song with Beyonce (flawless) plus more from her Anaconda album. am a Barbz :)
Liking: Huddah my favorite Kenyan socialite who together with Vera should star in a reality show, i mean, they give us drama without a limit y'all.

Wondering: what to wear to a wedding in a weeks time, especially what shoes  to wear. damn! i suck at picking shoes.


Loving: My new Tattoo, which my parents haven't seen but will probably see after this post.

Hoping: To find a few beading patterns for a collection i want to do later on. check out some of my jewelry here.
Marveling: My latest buys, aint nothing that makes me more excited that a jewelry shopping spree at my favorite craft shop near Hilton hotel. and the prices are so good!!
Wearing: pretty outfits even when i plan to be indoors all day. i learned that we are more productive if we wake up and dress our best even though we plan on being indoors all day especially for us who work at home.
Following: Every one that will follow me on twitter.
Noticing: i have curves, oh yes, i wore a dress my friend bought me and boy do i have fundamentals (read curves).
Knowing: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me and my love for jewelry is still growing so there is so much more to be learned, done and achieved.
Thinking: Success every day because i am reminded of the power of attraction.
Feeling: blessed to have my kind a parents, my dad keeps reminding me Kenyan men are very romantic and every time i sit with my mum i am reminded the power of believing in God, especially as a woman.
Opening: My mind- open mind season, giving myself an opportunity to understand the new people in my life plus a date or two :)
Giggling: To Trevor Noah (S.A comedian), how do i know him in 2014?

This is always a pleasure and from the bottom of my  heart,

Thank you for stopping by.

XO

Ms.Shee Art



Making: a conscious effort to find beauty and positivity in the most difficult situations. "Life doesn't happen to you; it responds to you."
Cooking Eating: the best caramel popcorn everrrrr! It's so damn good that I'm surprised Sofy (the chef in disguise) hasn't quit her day job to make millions off her recipe. And while we're on the topic of eating, can I confess that having to consciously make an effort to eat healthy every day is a lot more challenging than I thought? Any tasty and healthy snacks that you could recommend would be highly appreciated.
Drinking: pineapple and mint juice whenever I get the chance. 
Reading: Daily Inspiration messages that come straight to my phone every day. 
Wanting: a good pair of great fitting blue jeans. 
Playing: this new game called Quiz Up that my brother, Jeff, introduced me to. The rules are simple, select a topic of your choice and play against other people around the world. Guess who’s the top in Kenya in the Beyonce category?!  Meeeee. I mean, in less than a second I can tell you where Beyonce shot her album "4" cover. Boom. 
Wasting: no time in trying to drink as much water as I possibly can. Even though it means 10,000 bathroom trips.
Sewing: Not a single thing. 
Wishing: That I can make New York a reality next year. Oh Lord, that would be dream come true! Also, after yesterday's trip to the supermarket, I’d like to add well-stocked stationery isles to my wishlist. Come on Kenyan supermarkets, we can do better in the stationery department. 
Enjoying: the movie Crazy Sexy Love which is based on the iconic group, TLC! I watched about 30 minutes of it and I can't wait to finish it tonight. And if you're up for a bizarre, captivating TV Series, check out Utopia. It's definitely not for everybody but there might be one or two of you who might enjoy it. 
Liking: black and grey and white a lot lately. I'm not sure wh
- See more at: http://www.thisisess.com/2014/08/taking-stock-five.html#sthash.g2xiKcBz.dpuf
Making: a conscious effort to find beauty and positivity in the most difficult situations. "Life doesn't happen to you; it responds to you."
Cooking Eating: the best caramel popcorn everrrrr! It's so damn good that I'm surprised Sofy (the chef in disguise) hasn't quit her day job to make millions off her recipe. And while we're on the topic of eating, can I confess that having to consciously make an effort to eat healthy every day is a lot more challenging than I thought? Any tasty and healthy snacks that you could recommend would be highly appreciated.
Drinking: pineapple and mint juice whenever I get the chance. 
Reading: Daily Inspiration messages that come straight to my phone every day. 
Wanting: a good pair of great fitting blue jeans. 
Playing: this new game called Quiz Up that my brother, Jeff, introduced me to. The rules are simple, select a topic of your choice and play against other people around the world. Guess who’s the top in Kenya in the Beyonce category?!  Meeeee. I mean, in less than a second I can tell you where Beyonce shot her album "4" cover. Boom. 
Wasting: no time in trying to drink as much water as I possibly can. Even though it means 10,000 bathroom trips.
Sewing: Not a single thing. 
Wishing: That I can make New York a reality next year. Oh Lord, that would be dream come true! Also, after yesterday's trip to the supermarket, I’d like to add well-stocked stationery isles to my wishlist. Come on Kenyan supermarkets, we can do better in the stationery department. 
Enjoying: the movie Crazy Sexy Love which is based on the iconic group, TLC! I watched about 30 minutes of it and I can't wait to finish it tonight. And if you're up for a bizarre, captivating TV Series, check out Utopia. It's definitely not for everybody but there might be one or two of you who might enjoy it. 
Liking: black and grey and white a lot lately. I'm not sure wh
- See more at: http://www.thisisess.com/2014/08/taking-stock-five.html#sthash.g2xiKcBz.dpuf
Making: a conscious effort to find beauty and positivity in the most difficult situations. "Life doesn't happen to you; it responds to you."
Cooking Eating: the best caramel popcorn everrrrr! It's so damn good that I'm surprised Sofy (the chef in disguise) hasn't quit her day job to make millions off her recipe. And while we're on the topic of eating, can I confess that having to consciously make an effort to eat healthy every day is a lot more challenging than I thought? Any tasty and healthy snacks that you could recommend would be highly appreciated.
Drinking: pineapple and mint juice whenever I get the chance. 
Reading: Daily Inspiration messages that come straight to my phone every day. 
Wanting: a good pair of great fitting blue jeans. 
Playing: this new game called Quiz Up that my brother, Jeff, introduced me to. The rules are simple, select a topic of your choice and play against other people around the world. Guess who’s the top in Kenya in the Beyonce category?!  Meeeee. I mean, in less than a second I can tell you where Beyonce shot her album "4" cover. Boom. 
Wasting: no time in trying to drink as much water as I possibly can. Even though it means 10,000 bathroom trips.
Sewing: Not a single thing. 
Wishing: That I can make New York a reality next year. Oh Lord, that would be dream come true! Also, after yesterday's trip to the supermarket, I’d like to add well-stocked stationery isles to my wishlist. Come on Kenyan supermarkets, we can do better in the stationery department. 
Enjoying: the movie Crazy Sexy Love which is based on the iconic group, TLC! I watched about 30 minutes of it and I can't wait to finish it tonight. And if you're up for a bizarre, captivating TV Series, check out Utopia. It's definitely not for everybody but there might be one or two of you who might enjoy it. 
Liking: black and grey and white a lot lately. I'm not sure what it is but those colours are doing it for me. 
Wondering: whether my arm length is abnormal after Joy and I stood by a wall, stretched out our hands and my hands went further than hers, despite her being taller than me! Creepy, right? Have I been walking around with lanky hands all my life and didn't know??? 
Loving: my new job at Capital! I'm not going to lie, having to juggle both my blog and my new role as editor for Capital Lifestyle hasn't been easy but I love what I do and I wouldn't trade it for the world. 
Hoping: that it won't rain before I put up this post, leave this place and start heading home. 
Marvelling: at the pictures I’ve collected on my Ideabook on Houzz. Anyone with an extra mansion that they wanna give out? Anyone??
Needing: a full day to myself. 
Smelling: remnants of a red velvet cake that I devoured in under 20 seconds made by one of my colleagues. It was so damn good it could literally replace my obsession with Dorman's Red Velvet cake, which, by the way, was removed from the menu without so much as a warning. Good things come to those who wait guys. 
Wearing: the prettiest cobalt blue nail polish on my toes. For those wondering, it’s Essie's Aruba Blue which I had done Amadiva. So pretty!
Following: this Instagram account called Passion For Baking by Manuela Kjeilen which almost makes me want to go out and buy a pink fridge. 
Noticing: that there's a lot of buildings in this city with the wrong floor numbers in the lift. Either that or the CIA have taken over certain floors, people. Why else would the lift skip from Ground Floor to 6th Floor? 
Knowing: my new motto by heart – work hard, make money, see the world. Borrowed from Bonang Matheba.
Thinking: that maybe I should start my nail polish collection all over again. I think it's time for change.  
Feeling: like it's about time I worked on my posture. I've been trying to sit up straight lately and boy has it been a struggle but hey, no pain, no gain.  
Bookmarking: 15th - 17th of this month!! Tifa is getting married!!! 
Opening: YouTube to watch the most epic video ever whenever I need a little motivation. Aisha you're a gem for sending this to me.
Giggling: at Victor's version of how we first met.
Feeling: grateful for my past. It’s not always been rosy for me and my family, far from it in fact, but now that I realise how important it was in shaping my future and my perception of the world, I’m ever so thankful for those hurdles. Everything happens for a reason. 
- See more at: http://www.thisisess.com/2014/08/taking-stock-five.html#sthash.Zd15uFbF.dpuf
Making: a conscious effort to find beauty and positivity in the most difficult situations. "Life doesn't happen to you; it responds to you."
Cooking Eating: the best caramel popcorn everrrrr! It's so damn good that I'm surprised Sofy (the chef in disguise) hasn't quit her day job to make millions off her recipe. And while we're on the topic of eating, can I confess that having to consciously make an effort to eat healthy every day is a lot more challenging than I thought? Any tasty and healthy snacks that you could recommend would be highly appreciated.
Drinking: pineapple and mint juice whenever I get the chance. 
Reading: Daily Inspiration messages that come straight to my phone every day. 
Wanting: a good pair of great fitting blue jeans. 
Playing: this new game called Quiz Up that my brother, Jeff, introduced me to. The rules are simple, select a topic of your choice and play against other people around the world. Guess who’s the top in Kenya in the Beyonce category?!  Meeeee. I mean, in less than a second I can tell you where Beyonce shot her album "4" cover. Boom. 
Wasting: no time in trying to drink as much water as I possibly can. Even though it means 10,000 bathroom trips.
Sewing: Not a single thing. 
Wishing: That I can make New York a reality next year. Oh Lord, that would be dream come true! Also, after yesterday's trip to the supermarket, I’d like to add well-stocked stationery isles to my wishlist. Come on Kenyan supermarkets, we can do better in the stationery department. 
Enjoying: the movie Crazy Sexy Love which is based on the iconic group, TLC! I watched about 30 minutes of it and I can't wait to finish it tonight. And if you're up for a bizarre, captivating TV Series, check out Utopia. It's definitely not for everybody but there might be one or two of you who might enjoy it. 
Liking: black and grey and white a lot lately. I'm not sure what it is but those colours are doing it for me. 
Wondering: whether my arm length is abnormal after Joy and I stood by a wall, stretched out our hands and my hands went further than hers, despite her being taller than me! Creepy, right? Have I been walking around with lanky hands all my life and didn't know??? 
Loving: my new job at Capital! I'm not going to lie, having to juggle both my blog and my new role as editor for Capital Lifestyle hasn't been easy but I love what I do and I wouldn't trade it for the world. 
Hoping: that it won't rain before I put up this post, leave this place and start heading home. 
Marvelling: at the pictures I’ve collected on my Ideabook on Houzz. Anyone with an extra mansion that they wanna give out? Anyone??
Needing: a full day to myself. 
Smelling: remnants of a red velvet cake that I devoured in under 20 seconds made by one of my colleagues. It was so damn good it could literally replace my obsession with Dorman's Red Velvet cake, which, by the way, was removed from the menu without so much as a warning. Good things come to those who wait guys. 
Wearing: the prettiest cobalt blue nail polish on my toes. For those wondering, it’s Essie's Aruba Blue which I had done Amadiva. So pretty!
Following: this Instagram account called Passion For Baking by Manuela Kjeilen which almost makes me want to go out and buy a pink fridge. 
Noticing: that there's a lot of buildings in this city with the wrong floor numbers in the lift. Either that or the CIA have taken over certain floors, people. Why else would the lift skip from Ground Floor to 6th Floor? 
Knowing: my new motto by heart – work hard, make money, see the world. Borrowed from Bonang Matheba.
Thinking: that maybe I should start my nail polish collection all over again. I think it's time for change.  
Feeling: like it's about time I worked on my posture. I've been trying to sit up straight lately and boy has it been a struggle but hey, no pain, no gain.  
Bookmarking: 15th - 17th of this month!! Tifa is getting married!!! 
Opening: YouTube to watch the most epic video ever whenever I need a little motivation. Aisha you're a gem for sending this to me.
Giggling: at Victor's version of how we first met.
Feeling: grateful for my past. It’s not always been rosy for me and my family, far from it in fact, but now that I realise how important it was in shaping my future and my perception of the world, I’m ever so thankful for those hurdles. Everything happens for a reason. 
- See more at: http://www.thisisess.com/2014/08/taking-stock-five.html#sthash.Zd15uFbF.dpuf
Making: a conscious effort to find beauty and positivity in the most difficult situations. "Life doesn't happen to you; it responds to you."
Cooking Eating: the best caramel popcorn everrrrr! It's so damn good that I'm surprised Sofy (the chef in disguise) hasn't quit her day job to make millions off her recipe. And while we're on the topic of eating, can I confess that having to consciously make an effort to eat healthy every day is a lot more challenging than I thought? Any tasty and healthy snacks that you could recommend would be highly appreciated.
Drinking: pineapple and mint juice whenever I get the chance. 
Reading: Daily Inspiration messages that come straight to my phone every day. 
Wanting: a good pair of great fitting blue jeans. 
Playing: this new game called Quiz Up that my brother, Jeff, introduced me to. The rules are simple, select a topic of your choice and play against other people around the world. Guess who’s the top in Kenya in the Beyonce category?!  Meeeee. I mean, in less than a second I can tell you where Beyonce shot her album "4" cover. Boom. 
Wasting: no time in trying to drink as much water as I possibly can. Even though it means 10,000 bathroom trips.
Sewing: Not a single thing. 
Wishing: That I can make New York a reality next year. Oh Lord, that would be dream come true! Also, after yesterday's trip to the supermarket, I’d like to add well-stocked stationery isles to my wishlist. Come on Kenyan supermarkets, we can do better in the stationery department. 
Enjoying: the movie Crazy Sexy Love which is based on the iconic group, TLC! I watched about 30 minutes of it and I can't wait to finish it tonight. And if you're up for a bizarre, captivating TV Series, check out Utopia. It's definitely not for everybody but there might be one or two of you who might enjoy it. 
Liking: black and grey and white a lot lately. I'm not sure what it is but those colours are doing it for me. 
Wondering: whether my arm length is abnormal after Joy and I stood by a wall, stretched out our hands and my hands went further than hers, despite her being taller than me! Creepy, right? Have I been walking around with lanky hands all my life and didn't know??? 
Loving: my new job at Capital! I'm not going to lie, having to juggle both my blog and my new role as editor for Capital Lifestyle hasn't been easy but I love what I do and I wouldn't trade it for the world. 
Hoping: that it won't rain before I put up this post, leave this place and start heading home. 
Marvelling: at the pictures I’ve collected on my Ideabook on Houzz. Anyone with an extra mansion that they wanna give out? Anyone??
Needing: a full day to myself. 
Smelling: remnants of a red velvet cake that I devoured in under 20 seconds made by one of my colleagues. It was so damn good it could literally replace my obsession with Dorman's Red Velvet cake, which, by the way, was removed from the menu without so much as a warning. Good things come to those who wait guys. 
Wearing: the prettiest cobalt blue nail polish on my toes. For those wondering, it’s Essie's Aruba Blue which I had done Amadiva. So pretty!
Following: this Instagram account called Passion For Baking by Manuela Kjeilen which almost makes me want to go out and buy a pink fridge. 
Noticing: that there's a lot of buildings in this city with the wrong floor numbers in the lift. Either that or the CIA have taken over certain floors, people. Why else would the lift skip from Ground Floor to 6th Floor? 
Knowing: my new motto by heart – work hard, make money, see the world. Borrowed from Bonang Matheba.
Thinking: that maybe I should start my nail polish collection all over again. I think it's time for change.  
Feeling: like it's about time I worked on my posture. I've been trying to sit up straight lately and boy has it been a struggle but hey, no pain, no gain.  
Bookmarking: 15th - 17th of this month!! Tifa is getting married!!! 
Opening: YouTube to watch the most epic video ever whenever I need a little motivation. Aisha you're a gem for sending this to me.
Giggling: at Victor's version of how we first met.
Feeling: grateful for my past. It’s not always been rosy for me and my family, far from it in fact, but now that I realise how important it was in shaping my future and my perception of the world, I’m ever so thankful for those hurdles. Everything happens for a reason. 
- See more at: http://www.thisisess.com/2014/08/taking-stock-five.html#sthash.Zd15uFbF.dpuf

46 comments:

  1. cute outfit, looking lovely, good post..http://jenniquecreatives.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the top color and the pop of yellow. It was nice getting to know you :)

    Kreyola Jounerys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get picture dear and its great getting to know about you
    www.glamourzone.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous vibrant color on you!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely! I adore the fuchsia blouse
    I have a new look on my blog; come visit!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nerea Quevedo López7 August 2014 at 08:41

    So nice colour! :)

    xoxo

    BlueDressedDoll

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post gal! I enjoyed reading it and you look beautiful. That radiant blouse is lovely. :)


    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am happy to hear you are breaking grounds with your dreams...keep pushing and you will continue to see success


    http://makeupandskincarereview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful outfit! I love the interview here. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice top :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. it was a pleasure. thank you for stopping by here as well.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. it was my pleasure.
    thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely love the color of the blouse. Filling out that template is such a great idea too.


    xoxo
    www.madeinmauve.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look amazing in that top!

    xoxo,

    Maggie S.

    http://clothestomidnight.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beyond beautiful!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. super cute look!!! love the necklace and the combination of it with the hot pink blouse!
    Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog, I’m
    following you on Bloglovin, I hope you can follow me back to stay in
    touch.

    XOXO



    Milu

    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey milu,
    always a pleasure, i will be following back as soon as i post this comment back.
    kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  18. it was a pleasure dear, thank you for taking your time :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous stuff dear.... impressed
    Like totally!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for your visit my love! can't wait to see more of your beautiful looks!
    kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this top! Very beautiful! So glad you stopped by to check out my blog too!!


    xo, Kenya


    www.kenyalfashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. it was a pleasure of mine :)
    thank you for stopping by.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just discovered your blog from my comment section. Seems like I'm the only one who's yet to do fill out the template huh? Enoyed yours. x


    stylesketches.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. thank you for coming here.
    love your blog sana :)

    keep in touch always.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this post format, I might do something similar. I love the colour blocking with the pink top and yellow purse.

    http://princessaudu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the top !

    ReplyDelete
  27. thank you, you should, id love to read yours.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I want that top. FABULOUS and those shades... OMG!

    www.beauty4brokegirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. :) thank you Shasha, love them more

    ReplyDelete
  30. the color of the top, it is so nice, you look beauty

    kisses from spain

    see you!

    http://www.balamblu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your photos! And you are an amazing girl! :*
    http://lamiastoria018.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete